Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Journal Entry #8

What I thought about ~ "The Child Called It"
One Child's Courage to Survive.

when i read this book for the first time all i could think about was that this could not have happened. no one would ever be so cruel. it was hard for me to wrap my head around the idea of a mother doing that to her young child. But it did happen. After reading this book David Pelzer became my favorite author. He shows the strength in even a child as young as he. his strength when he was a boy is unbelievable. how much pain and suffering he went through everything that has happened to him and him living to tell the tale. It amazes me. his life was dark and he had no one to turn to. he suffered so much and i guess that's what makes him who he is today. to have the courage to send out his voice. to speak up. to let people know that he has been there done that and survived. a truly remarkable man and i am honored to know the story. when i feel week and i feel like im alone. when my world has sunk into darkness. i look back on what David has been through and it gives me the strength to realize that if he can pull through then so can i. and i wont give up that easily.

Why do you think he called this book the child called it?

"One Child's Courage to Survive."
this quote is the beginning to it all. 



7 comments:

  1. I agree with your summary of the book. It was really hard to read all of the things that happened to this guy and it's really great that he had that much courage and got through it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book did get hard for me to read, especially when he had to re-eat his stolen hot dogs. Even though he had a ruff start, he turned out to be a great father and join the Air Force (so it says in the epilogue).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good job and nice use of your time finishing the book in 2 days i thought i was the only one.
      COMMENT MAN AWAY!!

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure I see all four journal elements in this entry. Make sure you're giving me summary, important passage QAR question and sentence stem components. I think you can still do this for the epilogue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the book title was A Child Called "It" because his family never referred to him as David. They just called him "the boy" or "it"

    ReplyDelete